- When she was 15 her father attacked her mother, and her mother shot him in self-defense. He died, but her mother was not charged in the incident.
- Appeared in the May 1999 issue of Playboy Magazine.
- In 2004, injured her neck while filming Æon Flux (2005). Luckily, the injury wasn’t serious enough to put her in the hospital, but it did shut down production for several weeks.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was listed as a suggestion in the Worst Actress category for her performance in the film Æon Flux (2005). However, she failed to receive a nomination. (Had she gotten the nomination, she would have been the first person to be nominated for both Leading Actress awards at the Oscars, for North Country (2005), and the Razzies.)
- Replaced Angelina Jolie in the role Dagny Taggart in Atlas Shrugged: Part I (2011) before being replaced by Taylor Schilling.
- Loves soccer.